Here's how to level up your Indian Ethnic Wear
The everyday Kurti is an essential piece of clothing in every Indian woman’s wardrobe. It is one of the most trendy and comfortable Indian ethnic wear. They can be styled for casual and formal events making them highly versatile and timeless. But real talent is understanding how to style and accessorise your Kurti. It’s an art, which can make or break your entire look.
So how does someone take the everyday Kurti and revamp it into THE stylish Kurti?
Explore Layers with Indian ethnic wear:
Layers add dimension to Kurtis and can be a real statement piece.
- Denim Jackets are definitely making a comeback and can be used to style an outfit in many ways. Pairing it with a short, plain white Kurti and sneakers will give you an edgy yet chic look.
- Printed shrugs are a statement piece that never goes out of style. Every girl needs them in her wardrobe to take a basic everyday Kurti and create a modern stylish Kurti look.
- Contrasting gilets and pants paired with a long printed Kurti makes for a pretty ensemble.
When in doubt, bottoms up!
Playing around with your bottoms will always elevate Indian ethnic wear. Take your outfit from being a miss to an instant hit.
- Long ethnic Kurtis with a skirt is always a winning combination for that extraordinary look.
- Jeans are a bold staple for everyone, so don’t shy away from a modern Indo-fusion look. Get a sophisticated edgy look with the ultimate plain or ripped jeans and Kurti combo.
- Jazzing up your typical everyday Kurti with a pair of dhoti will never disappoint. These classic pants have beautiful pleats that are love at first sight.
- Palazzos and a long ethnic Kurti have quickly become the new go-to festive look for that easy, comfortable and classy look that will never go out of style.
- When in doubt, always choose the classic cigarette pant with a short stylish Kurti, especially when exploring Indo-fusion attire.
- Shorts and Kurtis? While this may seem like an odd choice, we personally love it. It’s trendy, unique, and definitely a winner for young women exploring the Indo-fusion aesthetic.
DIY Indian Dresses from stylish Kurtis:
This hack is extremely useful for women who are looking to recreate their Indian ethnic wear on a daily basis. The style is extremely versatile and a complete fashion saver.
Less is more, especially when it comes to Indian ethnic wear:
Indian ethnic wear has slowly become an expression of one's personality, especially with extravagant prints and vivacious colors. For girls who want a little something extra to elevate their look without being over the top, we suggest pairing a bright dupatta with a neutral ethnic Kurti.
Sometimes, all you need is makeup:
You never want your makeup to overpower your outfit, rather you want it to compliment it. So, knowing how much is too much or too little is extremely important in styling Indian ethnic wear.
- Match your lipstick to the color of your Kurti for a coordinated chic vibe.
- Smokey eyes are always a classic go-to hack to amp up your Kurti game.
- Keeping it classic with minimal colors and neutral tones will always pair nicely with any Indian ethnic wear.
- The no-makeup makeup look is perfect for girls looking for an elegant soft look.
Trying something new:
Redefine your style by trying the latest Kurti fashion styles.
- Tail cut Kurtis is the latest trending style for the last few seasons. These asymmetrical Kurtis are longer at the back and instantaneously elevate your style.
- Flared Kurtis sways from both sides adding a little bounce to your look, making them modern, fun, and attractive.
- For stylish comfort, always opt for the Shirt Kurti. They are the perfect combination of contemporary and classic.
- Ponchos and Kaftans are perfect for that effortless stylish look, needed on days when you don’t want to put any effort into deciding what to wear but also want to look good.
- Add a little twist to your outfit with a front slit. This new style will surely make you stand out from the crowd.
The days of Indian ethnic wear being traditional and classic are behind us. The industry’s trends are shifting from the typical everyday Kurti to more experimental and edgy. And while it can be nice to keep it classic, sometimes adding a little pazazz to a modest Kurti will make you stand out.